Thanks for stopping by my blog-umentary.
The quest for a handmade wardrobe has been my religion for over a decade.
If you are new here, let me catch you up….
- My adventures in garment sewing went public in 2012, when I joined other challenge-hungry sewists to contribute to the The Sew Weekly blog. I sewed a garment a week for 25 weeks straight.
- Shortly after, I took a break from making clothes to make a baby. When I returned to blogging and sewing in 2014, I had a jones for DIY clothes that would fit my working mom lifestyle.
- When I reached a plateau with my self-taught skills, I began a virtual apprenticeship with couturier and teacher, Brooks Ann Camper. You’ll discover that I am an unapologetic evangelist for her intro to custom sewing course.
- When I made a denim skirt using a pattern I drafted, it was clear that my relationship with sewing had evolved.
- After a 31-day mission to sew pants from scratch, custom sewing was officially my new language.
Even though my passion for this craft often feels insatiable, I sew and write at the pace of life.
Connecting with other human beings who also love sewing. That also lights me up. So, don’t be shy about leaving a comment or sending me an email. I look forward to meeting you.
wannabesewingsomething (at) gmail (dot) com
©2012-2020 Carroll Custom Design & Consulting, LLC
I love seeing my work featured outside of this blog. However, please contact me for permission if you’d like to use more than one image (which should be credited and linked to the original post). All referenced, cited, or linked content remains copyright of its respective owners.